Hi there beautiful being
I blinked… and it was July! Where did 6 months go to? The panic sets in as I wonder if I’ve “done enough” so far, if I will be on par with my goals, if my energy tank will make it until my next break. And, as I sat and reflected, I realised… I felt tired, my body felt tired and my mind was lacking creativity and fresh ideas. No matter how much sleep I was getting, I still woke up feeling tired.
Time for… Self Care and Balance!
In this fast paced , always on the go, instant gratification world, we have started to wear busyness as a badge of honour. The standard response to “how have you been?” has become “I’ve been busy” or “I’ve been keeping busy”. NO… I asked you “how are YOU?” Really, how have you been.. genuinely.
I read a quote by Robin Sharma a few years ago and it really stuck with me: “ If you don’t make time for exercise, you’ll probably have to make time for illness”. If you don’t make time for self care, you’ll need to make time for self healing.
Slow down, pause, your work will get done after you sip your cup of tea. Take time to stare into nature for a bit, take time to sit in silence and eat a meal, take time to make that phone-call to that friend you’ve been meaning to reach out to. It’s the LITTLE things that become the BIG things at the end of our lives.
Have you been struggling to juggle the balls in your life? Are you needing more help to find balance? Here are 5 practical ideas that may help:
- Look at all the areas of your life and understand what’s draining your energy vs what adds positive energy to your life
- Do you have activities in your life that add to your happiness and your wellbeing e.g yoga, reading a book, taking a walk
- Progress NOT perfection. Most of my clients want to create balance in their lives and their biggest issue is “not having enough time”. Want to take a walk but you’re stretched for time? Go for a 15 minute walk instead of 45 minutes. Want to do some exercise but the gym takes up time? Dance to your favourite music for 10 mins. Want to add some reading time in your day? Set up 20 minutes before bed as your reading time, so that it becomes a part of your routine.
- Make time for people that light up your heart.. a 30 minute coffee break with your best friend once a week is better that months of not seeing eachother.
- Get the basics right: Enough sleep, water, quiet time and tech free time in your day (preferably the hour before you go to bed).
If you need more help with practical self care and balance, book a session with me. Let’s get practical!
FREE 30 minute consultations available via telephone and skype
Looking forward to connecting!
In love and gratitude,